Easton Police Department uses the sUAS to provide an aerial visual perspective in responding to
emergency situations and exigent circumstances, and for the following objectives:
1. Situational Awareness/Management:
(a) Assist in understanding the nature, scale, and scope of an incident, and
for planning and coordinating an effective response
(b) Support the deployment of officers and equipment in emergency
situations, including but not limited to incidents involving hostages
and barricades, support for large-scale tactical operations, and other
temporary perimeter security situations.
2. Search and Rescue: Assist missing person investigations and broadcast alerts,
escapee searches, foot pursuit support, evidence searches, and containment of
perimeter search areas
3. Scene Documentation: To document a crime scene, collision scene, or other
major incident scene, i.e. disaster management, incident response, large-scale
forensic scene investigation, etc.
4. Training Support: Provide an aerial visual perspective during training scenarios
to provide officers a unique and different point of view in comprehending law
enforcement tactics and effectuating principal officer safety skills.
5. Public Awareness: Provide community outreach and assist the Public
Information Officer as needed.